- Our customer needed a solution for managing their innovation process, allowing employees to suggest ideas for improvement of the company and tracking the idea lifecycle from generation to execution.
- The idea management process is a very complex, compassing several workflows with multiple statuses, transitions and validation points.
- In terms of technology, the basic requirements were a web based solution, intuitive, fast to implement and easy to maintain.
- Work closely with the Customer to analyze in detail the business processes related with the idea management process.
- Define the system architecture, select the best technologies and frameworks for the project.
- Map the requirements into product features, define what needs to be configured and what needs to be developed.
- Implement a POC of the solution based in the technologies selected for the project.
- Implement the project, working side-by-side with the Customer for continuous feedback.
- Provide go-live support and on-going developments.
Project Tech Usage
- Atlassian Platforms: Jira Core
- Atlassian Add-ons: Xporter for Jira, Field Security Plugin for Jira, Script Runner for Jira and other Add-ons developed for this particular Customer.
- The project was implemented in a short period of time – 2 calendar months – accomplishing all the requirements defined by the Customer.
- After the first year of live production, more than 250 ideas have been collected, analyzed, voted and selected for implementation.
- The feedback from the end users is very positive, they emphasize the simplicity and the visibility they gained with the Idea Management System.
- With the knowledge gained on Jira Core, the Customer is able to perform adjustments and configuration in the process without supplier intervention.